0 Shurtz Road, New Plymouth, Ohio, 45654
Timber investment property. High-quality marketable timber including poplar, red oak, chestnut oak, hickory, walnut, white oak and more. Seldom do you find a hardwood forest such as this one that has escaped timber harvesting for so many generations. The size and quality are impressive.
Hunting in this area offers excellent odds at an Ohio trophy class buck with good numbers of deer and turkey. Property has not been hunted in many years and may be some of the best hunting around.
Just a few miles from the Hocking County line. Located approximately 7 miles from Ash Cave, 11 miles to Old Man’s Cave in the Hocking Hills, 14 miles to Lake Hope State Park and within minutes of 1000’s of acres of Wayne National Forest.
- Mature timber with very large hardwoods throughout.
- Select timbering can offer a nice return on investment at any time.
- 8 Acres of open ground ideal for food plots.
- Year-round water supply from two creeks with two beaver ponds.
- Topography consists of ridge tops, hillsides, and bottom ground.
- The draw running east and west is very thick providing cover and bedding.
- Located on a scenic and well-maintained Twp. road.
- Trails recently opened up for hunting and riding.
- Residential electric available at the road.
- New survey recently completed.
- Real Estate taxes are to be determined.
- Mineral rights are included with no active oil/gas leases.
- Additional acreage available.
- Many possibilities from investment to hunting and recreational.
- No clear-cutting of timber permitted.